Trash, Recycling, Yard Waste, and Bulk Pickup
NEW Recycling Wizard courtesy of the St. Louis County Department of Public Health!
Trash, recycling, and yard waste pickups are free to residents of single-family homes and multi-family buildings containing a maximum of four dwelling units. The City's current solid waste service provider is Republic Services.
For Large item "bulky pickup" such as a couch, furniture, or appliance, etc., please call Republic Services to schedule the free removal at (636) 947-5959.
Republic Services provides trash, recycling and yard waste pickups every Wednesday throughout Richmond Heights for single family homes and multi-family buildings with no more than four units. Items must be in the tree lawn by 7 a.m. and emptied cans must be removed by 8 p.m. that evening. Items may be placed in the tree lawn as early as 3 p.m. the day before pickup. Yard waste receptacles will not be picked up if weighing more than 50 pounds.
- Trash should be placed in the blue carts provided by Republic Services.
- Recyclables should be placed in the dark green carts provided by the city. Sorting is not required but items should be EMPTY, DRY, & CLEAN. Recyclables can be kept loose, not bagged. Unsure if something is recyclable? See the Recycle Wizard above.
- Compostables/yard waste should be clearly marked and placed in reusable plastic or metal waste containers that have tight-fitting lids and marked with an "X" or labeled yard waste or in biodegradable containers such as brown yard waste paper bags. Plastic bags may not be used for yard waste/compostables. Tree limbs shall be cut in 4' lengths or less and bundled together if not placed in receptacles or yard bags. All yard waste containers, paper bags or bundled 4' tree limbs must weigh less than 50 pounds or they will not be picked up.
- Bulk pick-ups must be scheduled with Republic Services before being set to the curb. Bulk pickups typically occur on regular waste pickup days with a few exceptions. Appliances, electronics and construction materials must be scheduled with Republic Services.
Please call the Public Works Department at 314-645-2277 or Republic Services at 636-947-5959 with questions about waste pickups. If you wish to pay for rear door pick up service, please contact Republic to set up the service for a fee.
Another great resource is the Richmond Heights Disposal Guide online here.
Recyclable Materials - All items must be EMPTY * CLEAN * DRY
Visit recyclingsimplified.com for more details!
- newspapers and newspaper inserts (remove plastic sleeves)
- magazines, catalogs
- junk mail
- cardboard (broken down, dry)
- brown paper bags
- phone books
- paperback books
- glass of all colors (unbroken, clean)
- plastic milk jugs (clean, empty)
- aluminum cans (empty, clean)
- tin cans (clean)
Download a printable copy