COVID-19 News and Updates
THE HEIGHTS is now open to new and existing members with special guidelines and facility hours.
Temporary HEIGHTS Hours:
These hours are in effect until further notice.
The Aquatic Center always closes 30 minutes before the facility.
For COVID-19 restrictions at Maplewood Family Aquatic Center Click here .
LATEST COVID-19 UPDATE AS OF 8/22/20
At THE HEIGHTS and Maplewood Family Aquatic Center we are only accepting credit and debit cards at the front desk. If you are a member at either facility, all member ID cards are required at check-in.
For HEIGHTS members paying monthly, you have not been charged during the closure. Monthly fees will resume being deducted from your account on June 15, when we reopen. All HEIGHTS memberships paid annually will be extended the number of months that we have been closed. Fit Pass memberships will also be extended for the time we were closed.
- Pavilion Reservations resumed on July 1st - limited to 25% of pavilion capacity.
- As of September 21st all playgrounds in Richmond Heights and Maplewood are now open.
How are we keeping members safe at THE HEIGHTS?
At THE HEIGHTS we have been taking every precaution necessary to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are following all the restrictions and guidelines as stated by St. Louis County Health Department. Here are some things we are doing to keep you safe during your visit at THE HEIGHTS.
- Traffic Flow: Signage and directional floor markers to maintain social distancing. A single entry/exit point and regulate traffic flow where possible.
- PPE for Staff: Plexiglas has been installed at the front desk. All staff will wear masks while serving members.
- New Spacing: We have rearranged our environments and equipment to support social distancing.
- Additional Cleaning: We have deep cleaned all areas of the facility and will continue to do extra cleaning throughout the day, especially on high touch surfaces, equipment & common areas.
- Temp Checks: Staff and members will receive temperature checks upon entering the facility. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or above will not be able to enter the facility.
- Mask Policy: When not working out or swimming all members must wear a mask. Members over the age of two, will not be able to use the facility without one. We will have a limited supply for sale at $3 each.
- Hand Sanitizing: Additional hand sanitizer stations.
Since we have been placed under a 25% capacity restriction by St. Louis County Health Department, here are the capacity numbers for both fitness and aquatic center.
- 28 in fitness center
- 16 in new functional area
- 4 on balcony
- 19 in gymnasium (additional cardio & stretching equipment moved to this area)
- 8 on track (walking on inside, running on outside, no passing)
- 1 swimmer per lane (4 total: 30 minute time limit per lane)
- 4 in hot tub
- 10 in rec pool
- 5 in lazy river
- Open to members and daily users.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What do I need to bring when I visit the Aquatic Center? We ask anyone visiting the Aquatic Center to please bring their own towel, water bottle, lock, a mask, and their Member ID Card.
- What amenities are currently unavailable in the Aquatic Center? The steam room, sauna, and spray pad are all unavailable and turned off. There is also no access to deck furniture or swim equipment. We have limited lockers available and the showers are not available.
- How do I rinse off before entering the pool if the showers are closed? We ask that everyone rinse off in their swim wear using the shower on the pool deck.
- What do I need to bring when I visit the Fitness Center? We ask that everyone visiting the fitness center bring their own water bottle, workout towel, lock, mask, yoga mat and Member ID Card.
- What is currently unavailable in the Fitness Center: Currently yoga mats and resistance bands are not available. The drinking fountains are turned off. We only have one bottle filling station available. We have a reduced number of cardio machines for proper social distancing.
- What if I forget my mask? We are selling masks at the front desk for $3/mask while supplies mask.
- What if I have a temperature over 100.4 degrees upon entry? If your temperature reads 100.4 degrees or higher when you enter you will be instructed to leave the facility.
Watch this video below of HEIGHTS staff taking you on a tour of THE HEIGHTS after reopening with COVID-19 restrictions for an idea of what your visit at THE HEIGHTS will look like during the pandemic.