COVID-19 News and Updates
THE HEIGHTS is now open to members and daily guests with special guidelines and facility hours.
Temporary HEIGHTS Hours:
These hours are in effect until further notice.
The Aquatic Center always closes 30 minutes before the facility.
LATEST COVID-19 UPDATE AS OF 11/13/20
As of August 21st the St. Louis County Health Department has updated their mask mandate. It now states, "Businesses must deny entry to members of the public who refuse to wear Face Coverings. A Business shall neither require the individual to produce medical documentation verifying a medical condition or disability, nor ask about the nature of a medical condition or disability. An alternative means to provide the product or service for those who refuse to wear a Face Covering or are medically unable to do so should be offered, if possible. These alternatives include delivery or curbside pickup."
At THE HEIGHTS we are only accepting credit and debit cards at the front desk. Member IDs are required at check-in.
- As of September 21st all playgrounds in Richmond Heights and Maplewood are open.
How are we keeping members safe at THE HEIGHTS?
At THE HEIGHTS we have been taking every precaution necessary to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are following all the restrictions and guidelines as stated by St. Louis County Health Department. Here are some things we are doing to keep you safe during your visit at THE HEIGHTS.
- Traffic Flow: Signage and directional floor markers to maintain social distancing. A single entry/exit point and regulate traffic flow where possible.
- PPE for Staff: Plexiglas has been installed at the front desk. All staff will wear masks while serving members.
- New Spacing: We have rearranged our environments and equipment to support social distancing.
- Additional Cleaning: We have deep cleaned all areas of the facility and will continue to do extra cleaning throughout the day, especially on high touch surfaces, equipment & common areas.
- Temp Checks: Staff and members will receive temperature checks upon entering the facility. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or above will not be able to enter the facility.
- Mask Policy: All patrons must wear their masks at all times unless in the pool or spa. Members over the age of two, will not be able to use the facility without a mask. We will have a limited supply for sale at $3 each.
- Hand Sanitizing: Additional hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the facility.
- Shower Sanitation: The showers are available in the family locker room only. Showers and highly touched surfaces inside the shower area are sanitized after each use by the user with the sanitizing spray provided inside the showers. Any person waiting for a shower must wait 5 minutes before entering to give the sanitizer time to set.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What do I need to bring when I visit the Aquatic Center? We ask anyone visiting the Aquatic Center to please bring their own towel, water bottle, lock, a mask, and their Member ID Card.
- What amenities are currently unavailable in the Aquatic Center? The steam room, sauna, and spray pad are all unavailable and turned off. There is also no access to deck furniture or swim equipment. We have limited lockers available.
- Are showers available for use? Showers are available in the family locker room only. We are asking all patrons using the showers to please spray the shower area and any highly touched surfaces with the sanitizing spray provided inside the shower. Anyone waiting to use a shower must wait 5 minutes after the shower has been sprayed down before entering.
- What do I need to bring when I visit the Fitness Center? We ask that everyone visiting the fitness center bring their own water bottle, workout towel, lock, mask, yoga mat and Member ID Card.
- What is currently unavailable in the Fitness Center: Currently yoga mats and resistance bands are not available. The drinking fountains are turned off. We only have one bottle filling station available. We have a reduced number of cardio machines for proper social distancing.
- What if I forget my mask? We are selling masks at the front desk for $3/mask while supplies mask.
- What if I have a temperature over 100.4 degrees upon entry? If your temperature reads 100.4 degrees or higher when you enter you will be instructed to leave the facility.
Watch this video below of HEIGHTS staff taking you on a tour of THE HEIGHTS after reopening with COVID-19 restrictions for an idea of what your visit at THE HEIGHTS will look like during the pandemic. Please note this video was recorded at the time we opened. Please see the above information for updated changes since opening.